Ball State Access Only
Do you get anxious about advertising yourself to potential employers? Do you worry about how you can get a job when you don’t really know how to network? This session will teach you how to network and widen your professional circles, both in real life and online, with minimum terror and anxiety.
March 23, 2022
Your Career Coach: Emily Karas, firstname.lastname@example.org
pdf of presentation (Ball State only)
- Are you introverted? Take the assessment.
- Check out Ball State resources related to introversion.
- What do you like about being introverted?
- What don’t you like about being introverted?
Susan Cain, The Quiet Revolution: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking
The Quiet Revolution, The difference between introversion and social anxiety
Introverts make great leaders because they:
- listen to employees, clients, customers.
- think deeply about goals and offer thoughtful ideas.
- let others shine and acknowledge their accomplishments.
Why Should Introverts Network?
- LinkedIn, “New survey reveals that 85% of all jobs are filled via networking.”
- Zack Zalaznick “Students face an opportunity gap. Here’s how to close it.”
How Should Introverts Network?
- How to network when you’re an introverted college student.
- The ultimate networking guide for introverts.
- How to network on Twitter without looking like a creep
- Strong and weak ties: Why weak ties matter.
- Why your weak ties friendships may mean more than you think.
- Be prepared to either share a link to your resume or share your screen!