The purpose of the Black Faculty and Staff Association shall be to facilitate and influence educational, administrative, and personnel policies in ways that enhance the welfare of individuals who identify as Black or with the Black experience at Ball State University for the betterment of the University community as whole.
The Vision of the Black Faculty and Staff Association is to continually enhance the welfare of the individuals who identify as Black or with the Black experience at Ball State University.
The Mission of the Black Faculty and Staff Association shall be to influence university (educational, administrative, personnel, and student) policies and practices, as well as build community and affinity for individuals who identify as Black or with the Black experience at Ball State University.
- Serve as a support forum for Black members of the University community;
- Provide and promote leadership opportunities for BSU Black faculty and staff members;
- Develop financial and other resources necessary to maintain the effectiveness of the Association;
- To promote the growth and development of inclusive excellence, reflecting the University’s goals in a manner consistent with its mission;
- Establish, maintain, and expand channels of communication with the University community; and
- Assemble consultants from business, industry, government, social agencies, and organizations to conduct workshops, seminars, and programs aimed at Ball State University
To know more about our mission, officers and their duties, and financial dues, click to read or download our bylaws contained in our constitution.
Support Our Organization
To renew your membership by paying your $20 dues, or to donate to a cause our organization is supporting, please complete our online form.
Do you have questions or want to learn more about BFSA? Please email us!