2023 Cast Auditions
Indiana’s Official Goodwill Ambassadors are searching for talented Singers/Dancers, Instrumentalists, Sound Technicians, Stage Managers and Costumers for their upcoming 60 season! We encourage you to audition in person, but an online option will also be offered. See below for more details.
Hargreaves Music Building
Returning Cast Auditions:
Tuesday, April 25, 2023, at 7 p.m.
New Cast Auditions:
Friday, April 28, 2023, at 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 29, 2023, at 10 a.m.
Sunday, April 30, 2023, at 11 a.m.
Will you be next?
We’re looking for the perfect blend of character, personality, and talent to build the best cast possible.
Auditions are open to any student admitted to or enrolled at Ball State University.
Not a music major or minor? No problem! You do not need to major or minor in a music-related field of study to join the cast. All majors are welcome!
- Must complete this application by 11:59 PM on the day before your audition.
- Bring/submit two letters of recommendation.
- Bring a headshot and resume.
- Please dress in professional attire for the vocal portion of the audition.
- Memorize two short vocal selections of contrasting styles (one up-tempo and one ballad). Bring a cut of 16-32 bars (about one minute) for each song. Song selections can come from rock, pop, country, musical theater.
- Bring vocal music in your own key with marked cuts in non-glare plastic sheets in a 3-ring binder. Accompanists will be provided for all auditions. (Unaccompanied auditions or ones with a prerecorded track will not be accepted.)
- You will also be asked to sightread a short exercept of music.
- Bring dance attire (Everyone will be taught at least one dance combination).
- We are looking for the following: Keyboard, drum set, electric bass, electric guitar, saxophone (alto, tenor, bari), trumpet, and trombone.
- Prepare a one-minute selection.
- Be prepared to sight-read a pop chart.
- Rhythm section must be prepared to improvise.
Sound Technicians and Costumers
- An interview will be conducted at the audition.
- Prepare a current one-page resume listing experience in your field. If you have a portfolio, you may also submit that.
If you would prefer to audition online, please select the “Online” option when selecting your audition date. After we receive your form, we will send you an email containing the next steps. Everything will be due Friday, April 28th by 11:59 PM. Anything received after this date may not be considered.
- Glee Club – See “Requirements” above and follow recording and media submission guidelines in the document we provide. We will also provide a video of a choreography combo for you to learn and film.
- Instrumentalists – See “Requirements” above and follow recording and media submission guidelines in the document we provide.
- Sound Technicians and Costumers – Following your submission, we will schedule an online interview with you.