1. Does it cost to attend the camp?
There is NO cost to participate in our summer program.
2. Who can attend?
Current 2nd graders (rising 3rd graders) from Muncie Community Schools, Burris Laboratory School, and Inspire Academy.
We do have a limited amount of spaces due to capacity requirements as well as safety regulations for Camp Adventure grounds. Therefore, registration will close and applications will no longer be accepted when capacity is met.
3. What should my child wear?
Your child needs to wear comfortable, outdoor clothing. Summer days are often very hot and buggy. Please have your child wear closed-toed shoes such as tennis shoes (NO flip flops, sandals, or dress shoes).
4. What should my child bring?
Water, sunscreen, and mosquito spray are provided. However, if you want to send any of these items with your child, you may. Minimal items are preferred due to the possibility of being lost.
5. Is transportation provided?
Transportation is provided in some school districts. Check with your school administration office for details. Otherwise, you will be responsible for dropping off and picking up your child from camp daily.
6. Do I need to pack a lunch or snack for my child?
Breakfast and lunch are provided at no cost through Muncie Community School’s summer feeding program for ALL children who attend camp. Snacks will also be provided. However, it is acceptable to send a packed lunch or snack if you would like. Please make sure to label it with your child’s name.
7. What do I need to do if my child has an allergy or takes medication during the day?
Please plan to meet the camp nurse on the first day to inform her of medical needs. Medications need to be in their original bottle. If you are unable to meet with the nurse, please call your school administrator for directions in transporting medications to camp or call Camp Adventure at (765)-281-6743.
8. What are the dates for camp?
2022 – Camp dates will be from Monday, June 6, 2022 through Thursday, June 30, 2022.
Camp meets on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only.
9. What are the hours of camp?
Camp activities will start at 8:30 AM and end at 3:15 PM. If you child would like to eat breakfast, please arrive between 8:00 AM-8:30 AM.
10. Where is Camp Adventure located?
Camp Adventure has been a part of the Muncie community since its conception in 1939. The Muncie Optimist Club were the original buyers of the property but have leased this property to both the Boys and Girls Club and most recently to Muncie Community Schools (since 1994). Not long ago, the Ball Brothers Foundation financed projects for updates to the main building and supported the building of a new log cabin structure. It is situated on over 40 acres of property and open for use by school systems, businesses, and other local organizations.
The address is 4881 S. Proctor Road, Muncie, IN 47302.
11. How do I register my child for camp?
Talk to your child’s classroom teacher or call your elementary school. Registration forms will be available at your school.
12. What will my child be doing while at camp?
Children will be engaged in team building exercises, games that promote physical movement, reading, writing, math, and science.
A general outline of the day can be found below:
Breakfast and Board Games
Science and Reading Blocks
Special Time/Special Guest Speakers
Culminating Project Work
13. Can I visit the camp while my child is there?
Yes, we would love to have family visitors. Please contact one of the directors for more information.
14. How can I see photos or learn about what my child is doing?
There are several ways to see pictures or videos of the camp experiences.
- Follow Camp Adventure’s Twitter: campadventurein
- Subscribe to Ball State’s Immersive Learning on You Tube and look for Summer Learning Fun at Camp Adventure (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzN8NM4SL4-g__MqgH9zpyA)
- Register for See Saw when information comes home with your camper. Pictures, videos, and announcements will be posted daily there during the month of June.
15. What if I need childcare after camp ends at 3:15 PM?
The YMCA will be offering wrap-around services at one of their locations for any camper who needs a later pick up time. Please indicate your interest on the application. More information to come.