A Powerful Force: Women in Music
A Conference Celebrating the Diverse Contributions Made by Women in Music, March 12-14, 2020
School of Music, Ball State University, Muncie, IN
Cornerstone Center for the Arts, Muncie, IN
Keynote: Prof. Marian Wilson Kimber (University of Iowa)
Keynote Performance: Limitless Collective
Whether it is behind the scenes as patrons and concert organizers or in the spotlight as performers, women significantly shape our musical worlds. The Program Committee invites proposals pertaining to any aspect of women in music, including but not limited to women composers, performers and entrepreneurs. Topics from all time periods and genres are encouraged, as are historical and analytical approaches. Proposals may not represent scholarship that has already been published.
We welcome proposals for the following:
• Individual Papers (20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion)
• Lecture Recitals (maximum of 25 minutes in total including set-up and tear down). The proposal should clearly indicate the historical significance of the lecture’s topic and the originality of the research.
• Performances (maximum of 20 minutes including set-up and tear down)
Proposals should take the following forms:
• Individual Papers: 250-word abstract
• Performances and Lecture Recitals: 250-word description, including the proposed program, plus supporting materials. State the timing of the composition and the approximate length of the lecture.
Limited to one submission per person.
Submission deadline: November 1, 11:59pm EDT.
Committee for Research Presentations:
Elizabeth Crawford, Conference Convener
Heather Platt, Chair
Committee for Lecture-Recitals and Performances:
Elizabeth Crawford, Chair